Nail Polish Hacks: The Basics
Nail polish has always been part of every girl’s fashion. In fact, it has been around for hundreds of years that even the Egyptian queen Cleopatra used it to enhance her beauty. But, of course, there have been a lot of changes since then. Take for example the different finishes. Matte, glittery, sheer, metallic, and many more. And not to mention the multitude of colours to choose from. You can get your endless stream of nail polish supplies online. It’s enough to make any girl ecstatic. This, however, also makes it harder to make a decision on what nail polish to get and wear.
But did you know that not all nail polish are suitable for every type of nail? Don’t worry. This article will help guide you in choosing the right type of polish for your nail.
Nail Polish Finishes
A nail polish finish is how it will look like after application. Each finish is unique from the other.
- Matte polishes: These are the most conservative finish as they have a flat colour and minimal shine. It can also be difficult to apply and, oftentimes, lead to streakiness.
- Sheer polishes: These are usually in shades of pink and nude that have a transparent finish.
- Pearl polishes: These have a subtle sheen on them, especially when light touches your nails.
- Metallic polishes: As the name implies, these polishes make your nail have a metallic finish. The more popular shades are gold, copper and silver.
- Glitter Polishes: These contain small pieces of glitter. The size may differ from brand to brand. And, of course, as expected, the finish of these are not smooth.
Strengthening Nail Polish
Nail polish is not just about the glitz and glamour. Some can also help strengthen and enhance the growth of your nails as these prevent nails from splitting or chipping. These are usually clear nail polishes but, don’t despair, there are also coloured nail polishes that offer these benefits. These are essentially treatment nail polishes that contain strengthening fibres that promote nail growth, which has to be reapplied every two to three days.
Long Lasting Nail Polish
If you’re someone who does household chores, you understand how frustrating it is to keep your nail polish from chipping. To make your manicure last for a week or more, choose a long-lasting nail polish. Be sure to apply a top coat which needs to be reapplied every two or three days to ensure the long lasting effect.
Quick Dry Nail Polish
These nail polishes only take a minute or two to dry, unlike the regular ones which take an hour or more to dry. Although these polishes dry quickly, you should still be careful not to smudge it for at least 15-20 minutes after application.
All-in-one Nail Polish
These nail polishes already contain both a base and a top coat, so you can cut your manicure time by a third. Apply two to three coats for a more thorough coverage, especially if you want to make it look darker.
No matter what type of nail polish and finish you choose, you can’t go wrong with nail polishes as they never go out of style.